[Zope] Evaluating Output of Scripts as HTML in DTML Pages

J Cameron Cooper jccooper@jcameroncooper.com
Tue, 25 Mar 2003 13:03:28 -0600

>As a simple example, I have the following python script -
>-------------
>""" script name - testScript """
>text="""
><dtml-var standard_html_header>
><dtml-var standard_html_footer>
>"""
>return text
>-------------
>
>How do I get the return value of this script to actually display the above
>items in a DTML Method?

Don't think of DTML as markup. It is not. It's a language, just like any
programming language, despite it's taggish appearance.  One doesn't
generally create code on the fly and then execute it. (Though I have
seen this done, to the considerable consternation of everyone who had to
deal with it.)

Rather write a Python script to calculate your values and return the
results, and display this with DTML or ZPT. It'll be a lot more sane.

          --jcc