[Zope] Zope and mod_proxy

Mike Renfro renfro@tntech.edu
Tue, 25 Mar 2003 13:11:15 -0600

On Tue, Mar 25, 2003 at 10:30:25AM +0000, Dylan Reinhardt wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-03-25 at 16:58, Gerhard Venter wrote:
> > Is there any Linux distribution that install Apache and Zope so that
> > caching with mod_proxy is there by default (as in
> > http://www.zope.org/Members/rbeer/caching)
>
> I hope not. :-)
>
> You probably shouldn't run Apache until you understand how to configure
> it.  This is doubly true when running proxy services.

If I recall correctly, Debian ships with most every Apache module
(either in the apache and apache-common packages, or in the various
libapache* packages), but doesn't enable them all by default. I've
certainly not been required to rebuild Apache for rewrite/proxy usage.

However, Debian is an acquired taste. But it's easier to deal with if
you go with the assumption that they know what they're doing more than
the average rpm packager (slight joke there).

--
Mike Renfro  / R&D Engineer, Center for Manufacturing Research,
931 372-3601 / Tennessee Technological University -- renfro@tntech.edu