[Zope] Zope and mod_proxy

Dylan Reinhardt zope@dylanreinhardt.com
25 Mar 2003 14:04:17 +0000

On Tue, 2003-03-25 at 19:11, Mike Renfro wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 25, 2003 at 10:30:25AM +0000, Dylan Reinhardt wrote:
> > On Tue, 2003-03-25 at 16:58, Gerhard Venter wrote:
> > > Is there any Linux distribution that install Apache and Zope so that
> > > caching with mod_proxy is there by default (as in
> > > http://www.zope.org/Members/rbeer/caching)
> >
> > I hope not. :-)
> >
> > You probably shouldn't run Apache until you understand how to configure
> > it.  This is doubly true when running proxy services.
>
> If I recall correctly, Debian ships with most every Apache module
> (either in the apache and apache-common packages, or in the various
> libapache* packages), but doesn't enable them all by default. I've
> certainly not been required to rebuild Apache for rewrite/proxy usage.

Indeed.  I think that's true of most package-installed Apache setups...
you get the most common modules (proxy, rewrite, etc) but they aren't
loaded and/or turned on in the httpd.conf file.

I'm not saying you need to roll your own Apache to use it... but some
familiarity with the configaration is required, regardless of the
distro. It seemed the OP was looking for a Zope-specific pre-configured
Apache package.

Dylan