[Zope] var/Data.fs: any way to regenerate from scratch?

Thu, 27 Mar 2003 00:44:00 +0000

On Wednesday 26 March 2003 2:43 am, Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> ConflictError: database conflict error (

This is the oid of your object that has a problem. I guess this is the oid
assigned to your new new folder.
>oid 0000000000003397,

This is the serial number of the revision of this object that was loaded at
the start of this transaction. All zeros means it want loaded - it was newly
created.
> serial now 0000000000000000)

This is the serial number of the most recent version in the storage. But the
object is newly created.... it shouldnt be in there! It looks like
FileStorage has assigned the new object an oid that is already in use, but
then noticed its mistake when comitting the transaction.
> serial was 034b1b936fdaccb3,

I dont see why this would be caused by a corrupt data.fs, so your data might
still be intact. Some things to try.....

0. If you havent already, take a backup of data.fs and data.fs.index

1. Are you using ZEO? if so, which version? try without.

2. Are there any unusual messages in the stupid log file that might give a
clue about why it has assigned a bogus oid?

3. Try shutting down zope/zeo, deleting data.fs.index, and restarting. This
file is a cache used to improve startup time. This first restart will be a
little slower than normal because FileStorage is rebuilding its index - and
hopefully this will fix your problem.

--
Toby Dickenson
http://www.geminidataloggers.com/people/tdickenson