[Zope] PATH_INFO available?

Terry Hancock hancock@anansispaceworks.com
Thu, 1 May 2003 13:04:56 -0700

On Thursday 01 May 2003 09:58 am, Charlie Reiman wrote:
> If you are feeling brave, you can write a product and
play with
> __before_publishing_traverse__ or __bobo_traverse__
(probably the latter).

When do those get called?

I have a product in which I have overloaded __getattr__
(yes, there's a good reason for this, I realize the
dangers).  However, I'm trying to add a feature that
depends on details in the REQUEST, which doesn't seem
to be available from the namespace .__getattr__()
receives.  Would catching __bobo_traverse__ let me
catch the REQUEST before it gets that far, perhaps?

Basically I want to examine HTTP_REFERER and then
decide whether to continue processing, or bounce the
request.  It's a limited amount of defense (I realize a
determined user could probably fake the HTTP_REFERER,
but I'm really interested in catching unintentional
abuses).

Cheers,
Terry