[Zope] Zope and RedHat 9 (SOLVED)

Ron Bickers rbickers-expires-1052449739.5d92f0@logicetc.com
Thu, 1 May 2003 23:09:17 -0400

I've finally solved the mystery (it works for me anyway, and I have no
technical explanation at this point).

I tried different kernels, different pythons, different servers, different
LD_ASSUME_KERNEL settings, and still only 1 thread.  Then, I changed my
startup from running Zope as a non-root user (since I don't need low port
access) to run as root instead.  That did the trick.  It appears to be
running as expected, and of course Zope still does suid to my non-root user.

If anyone knows (or has a guess) why this is necessary, I'd love to know.

Ron Bickers
Logic Etc, Inc.