[Zope] CatalogAware

MidnightFears@aol.com MidnightFears@aol.com
Fri, 2 May 2003 11:19:24 EDT

--part1_39.37e355f1.2be3e67c_boundary

I have made my top-level class CatalogAware. This class consists of
> hundreds of compound data elements that are not specifically declared to
> be CatalogAware, yet they are grouped into one index recorded for the
> top-level class. I know in order to get the delete, cut, copy, and paste
> functionality to work in reindexing items I need to override these
> methods. However, this has no effect on reindexing a simple compound
> element when it is the only item cut and pasted, deleted, etc.
>
> My question is, should I override the main functions that control these
> operations from the manage_main view? I have already made modifications
> to the presentation logic of manage_main. Is overriding the button
> functionality a 'smart' thing to do? I need the delete operation to
> perform other tasks as well, i.e. when an object of a certain meta_type
> is deleted, a mirrored folder structure at the root should be
> automatically deleted as well.
>
> thanks, stacy

--part1_39.37e355f1.2be3e67c_boundary

=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0">I have made my top-level class CatalogAware. This clas=
s consists of <BR>
&gt; hundreds of compound data elements that are not specifically declared t=
o <BR>
&gt; be CatalogAware, yet they are grouped into one index recorded for the <=

&gt; top-level class. I know in order to get the delete, cut, copy, and past=
e <BR>
&gt; functionality to work in reindexing items I need to override these <BR>
&gt; methods. However, this has no effect on reindexing a simple compound <B=

&gt; element when it is the only item cut and pasted, deleted, etc.<BR>
&gt; <BR>
&gt; My question is, should I override the main functions that control these=
 <BR>
&gt; operations from the manage_main view? I have already made modifications=
 <BR>
&gt; to the presentation logic of manage_main. Is overriding the button <BR>
&gt; functionality a 'smart' thing to do? I need the delete operation to <BR=

&gt; perform other tasks as well, i.e. when an object of a certain meta_type=
 <BR>
&gt; is deleted, a mirrored folder structure at the root should be <BR>
&gt; automatically deleted as well.<BR>
&gt; <BR>
&gt; thanks, stacy<BR>
</FONT></HTML>