[Zope] Re: a little complicated AccessRules

martin f krafft madduck@madduck.net
Sat, 3 May 2003 21:00:35 +0200

--opJtzjQTFsWo+cga

also sprach martin f krafft <madduck@madduck.net> [2003.05.03.2035 +0200]:
> I create a new portal_type, the PersonFolder. It behaves like
> a regular (Plone) folder, but when accessed directly, it does my
> thing rather than display index_html or use its own handler to
> generate e.g. a folder listing.

I tried this in Plone by copying the portal_type for folder and
amending it, but that broke the regular folder type. As soon as
I had the PersonFolder working right (and yes, it worked just like
I wanted), the folder_contents of other folders broke with the
error:

  TypesError
  'in ' required character as left operand.

since I failed to fix that other than by deleting the PersonFolder,
it looks like I have to take another route. Or do you guys know
what's wrong?

How easy is it to define a new type, extending Plone's Folder type?

--=20
  \____ echo mailto: !#^."<*>"|tr "<*> mailto:" net@madduck
=20
keyserver problems? http://keyserver.kjsl.com/~jharris/keyserver.html
get my key here: http://madduck.net/me/gpg/publickey
=20
as i learn the innermost secrets of the people around me,
they reward me in many ways to keep me quiet.

--opJtzjQTFsWo+cga

--opJtzjQTFsWo+cga--