[Zope] oops, commit error ZODB (what's this)?

felix slager felix.slager@burningmail.com
Sun, 4 May 2003 14:28:08 -0700 (PDT)

Hi dear Zopelist :-),

i've been making a nice form for some administrative job. I've used Zope261 on linux, using products like exUserFolder, replaced it later with mysqlUserFolder, ZMySQLDA, CookieCrumbler and it's nothing fancy. I've written some processing python in a script and gave students access so they could practise using the interface.
Repeatedly over the past days my Zope instance has vanished (or stopped, crashed) with some peculiar stupid.log entries:

2003-05-03T14:37:58 ERROR(200) ZODB A storage error occured during transaction abort.  This shouldn't happen.
Traceback (innermost last):
  File /usr/local/zope/Zope-2.6.1-src/lib/python/ZODB/Transaction.py, line 261, in commit
  File /usr/local/zope/Zope-2.6.1-src/lib/python/ZODB/Transaction.py, line 392, in _commit_error
AttributeError: Surrogate instance has no attribute '_p_oid'

I do not know what this might mean, but i'm curious - or should i say worried :).
At first i thought this might be a problem using exUserFolder (with Radius remote authentication of users) so i replaced it (i read somewhere a discussion about commit errors and ZMySQLDA interfering with exUserFolder - or so it seemed). But still these problems kept appearing.

So, i'm wondering, might this be caused because my script isn't threadsafe (whatever that might mean)? Is this a common error? Can anyone please enlighten me?
Thank you (for reading this far :-)