[Zope] using zope behind IIS?--help with IS dept.

McDonnell, Larry lmcdonnell@protonenergy.com
Mon, 5 May 2003 15:00:16 -0400

Hi,

You will need to set up "User defined roles" under the security tab. Once
the hyperlink is activated, the user will be prompted for user name and
password.

http://intranet:8080/file.htm

-----Original Message-----
From: Kelley, Sean [mailto:SKelley@ci.santa-rosa.ca.us]
Sent: Monday, May 05, 2003 2:44 PM
To: 'zope@zope.org'
Subject: [Zope] using zope behind IIS?--help with IS dept.

Hi,
I am running zope 2.5 with the Zope server for my intranet.  The company web
(public) server is windows/IIS5.  I want to use my zope server to provide
some pages for the public on my zope server.

Problem:  IIS needs a physical folder to create a virtual directory in IIS.
Zope does not have Windows directories that coincide with the folders that
IIS/Windows needs.  My IS department does not want to make my Zope server
totally open on port 80 (because there are other internal items there as
well).

How can I securely serve a portion of my zope site within a windows/IIS
network that does not require my entire internal/zope server to be totally
accessible to everyone?