[Zope] Re: Using Pound

Maik Jablonski maik.jablonski@uni-bielefeld.de
Mon, 05 May 2003 23:04:17 +0200

Dennis Allison wrote:
> I have Pound working.  I encountered one minor problem--the code claims
> the configuration director is found in
>
>     /usr/local/etc/pound.cfg
>
> whereas some of the documentation suggests it is to be found in
>
>     /usr/local/etc/pound/pound.cfg

Hi Dennis,

You can determine the configuration file with an option:

/usr/local/sbin/pound -f /etc/pound/pound.cfg

> Pound maps an incoming request to a (IP address, Port) based upon the
> host name.  In my particular case, I want to run multiple instances
> of Zope (say, 127.0.0.1:8080 and 127.0.0.1:9080) remapped from, say,
> alpha.mydomain.com and beta.mydomain.com.
>
> What magic does one use to convince Zope to use the appropriate domain
> name when it generates an absolute URL?

To set up several virtual hosts with Pound read:

http://www.apsis.ch/pound/

For Zope: Set up a VirtualHostMonster (=> Mappings) in each Zope which
maps the server-name to a folder, from which the site is served:

alpha.mydomain.com/alpha/site

That should do the trick.

Cheer, Maik