[Zope] Multi-User File/Document Sharing

Meilicke, Scott scott.meilicke@intp.com
Tue, 6 May 2003 11:21:33 -0700

It sounds like the CMF (cmf.zope.org) or Plone (www.plone.org) would fit
this role.  The CMF rides on top of zope, and plone rides on top of the CMF.
The CMF and Plone give you content types that can be binary (word, excel,
etc), and you can code the templates to show various properties.

-Scott
-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Cochella [mailto:chris@streamcapture.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 06, 2003 11:13 AM
To: zope@zope.org
Cc: Chris Cochella
Subject: [Zope] Multi-User File/Document Sharing

Dear Zope Community,

I am evaluating Zope for a particular purpose:  Secure document sharing.

Scenario:

Lawyer wants to share documents (Word, Excel) with multiple clients.
Thus, the lawyer (admin) needs the ability to upload/download files for
multiple client "accounts".  The client only needs to download/upload
files associated with their account.

In addition, we would need a "stamp" of the filename, show uploaded
(downloaded) it, file size, file type, description, etc.

The files are not Website "content" per se, so I am not sure if this
fits into the scope of what Zope is capable of "out of the box".

Any suggestions or comments are greatly appreciated.

Best regards,
Chris