[Zope] login and permissions

Sridevi Vanka mymail_sridevi@yahoo.com
Wed, 7 May 2003 14:42:46 -0700 (PDT)

--0-1406639761-1052343766=:10508

Hi, I have a zclass called commitment in a product in the products folder.If I want to create a new commitment (instance of the exisitng zclass), it doesnot let me create unless I am a manageer.If the user has a owner permission, it says not authorized. But, I dont want to give manager permission to users.  And also, I want to use a relational database for log-in process of normal users who use the application. Though the relational database says the user is authorized, zope is asking is for login information while the user tries to create a new commitment. Since the login information is only stored in relational database, zope says not authorized. Thnaks for the help,Sridevi Vanka

--0-1406639761-1052343766=:10508

<DIV>Hi,</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I have a zclass called commitment in a product&nbsp;in the&nbsp;products folder.</DIV>
<DIV>If I want to create a new commitment (instance of the exisitng zclass), it doesnot let me create unless I am a manageer.</DIV>
<DIV>If the user has a owner permission, it says not authorized. But, I dont want to give manager permission to users.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>And also, I want to use a relational database for log-in process of normal users who use the application. Though the relational database says the user is authorized, zope is asking is for login information while the user tries to create a new commitment. Since the login information is only stored in relational database,&nbsp;zope says not authorized.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Thnaks for the help,</DIV>
<DIV>Sridevi Vanka</DIV><p><hr SIZE=1>
Do you Yahoo!?<br>