[Zope] zope on red hat 9 randomly stops functioning

Dennis Allison allison@sumeru.stanford.EDU
Thu, 8 May 2003 21:11:19 -0700 (PDT)

There have been several postings here regarding problems with the threads
package on RH9; RH9 supposedly has new and/or substantially upgraded
thread support.  The symptoms you report are similar to those observed by
other RH9 users.

One user reported getting OK performance by upgrading to
the latest patch level.  I'd planned to migrate to RH9 which is reputed to
be a substantial upgrade over RH7.3 (known to be stable) and RH8 (known to
be OK) but have held off due to undertainties about the threads problem
and Zope.