[Zope] Re: Consistent Data.fs corruption in 2.6.1

David Lutz david@jadescape.com.au
Sat, 10 May 2003 01:56:10 +0000

Quoting Maik Jablonski <maik.jablonski@uni-bielefeld.de>:

> Robin Breathe wrote:
> > I believe we have found a bug in the 2.6.1 release (possibly more
> > specifically in ZODB 3.1.1).
> >
> > -----------
> >
> > When an undo is the last transaction preceeding a "pack(days:float=0)",
> > the FileStorage is corrupted.
>
> Hi,
>
> can you add your whole valuable description as followup to:
>
> http://collector.zope.org/Zope/875
>
> Seems to be the same wired bug which killed already some of my objects...
>
> Cheers, Maik

We are running Zope 2.6.1 on FreeBSD.  Our website was down for 3 days (after
packing) with a POSKeyError, probably caused by the same bug.

I eventually fixed the Data.fs by using an old installation of 2.5.1 and the
fsrecover.py that shipped with it.

David