[Zope] ownership fun and games.

Luca Olivetti luca@wetron.es
Mon, 12 May 2003 09:43:19 +0200

Chris Withers wrote:
> Anthony Baxter wrote:
>
>> So we had a couple of people who'd been working on zope here leave, and
>> their user objects got deleted.
>

> That wasn't a good idea ;-) Much better to just set their passwords to
> something random...

It would be much better if the user folder allowed to disable the user
(something random could be eventually guessed, besides you'd have an
indication that the user is inactive/old/obsolete/whatever).

BTW: there are other cases that make removing old users impractical
besides permission problems (think about workflow history, cmf metadata,
etc.)

Bye
--
Luca Olivetti
Tel. +34 93 5883004      Fax +34 93 5883007