[Zope] Structured Document

Geir Bækholt Geir Bækholt
Tue, 13 May 2003 09:27:18 +0200

On  Mon, 12 May 2003 17:35:14 -0700 GMT (..2:35 where i live(GMT+2) )
David Bear asked the Zope mailinglist about the following:

DB> I just installed Zope 2.6.1 from source on FreeBsd 4.x  I do have the
DB> python stack fix. Using python 2.1.3.

DB> I'm caught trying to determine if the Structured Text product is now
DB> bundled and included with 2.6x  I found a folder called
DB> lib/python/StructuredText

DB> I'm assuming this is the structured text product.  However, when I go
DB> to add a new structured document -- its just not available.  I've
DB> looked for every interation of the name I can think of.

To clarify things a bit:

The Structured text module thatexists is indeed the structured text
that is bundled with Zope. It is the library for applying structured
text, but not a structured-text-document-product.
You can use this by importing the module in Page Templates or
pythonScripts, or by setting the fmt-attribute in DTML to
structured_text. - But alas - no self-contained document.

IIRC Plone/CMF-documents use the same Structured-text-libraries to
format documents, so there is no need to add other products tu utilize
this formatting within a Plons/CMF-site.

If you want to use Structured-text-ducuments as separate entities, i
recommend you download and install  "StructuredDocument" located at:
http://www.zope.org/Members/mjablonski/StructuredDocument

..
so - you have structured text installed, but it is not what you
expected it to be ;)

i hope this clears things up a bit :)

--
Geir Bækholt