[Zope] GET vs. POST

Jamie Heilman jamie@audible.transient.net
Wed, 14 May 2003 00:04:09 -0700

Max M wrote:
> Jamie Heilman wrote:
> >Dennis Allison wrote:
> >>How do you transfer information via post when using
> >>REQUEST['RESPONSE'].redirect?
> >>
> >>How do you get Zope to use POST as its default rather than GET?
> >>

> >You don't.  Don't combine redirects and POST, its unreliable.
> >rule of thumb: Avoid redirects wherever you can.
> It sounds like bad advice to me. Redirects are correctly implemented in
> probably any browser out there. I have never had practical problems
> using redirects. Why should it be unreliable?

3 distinct statements really, but when I said "don't combine
redirect's and POST", what I ment was, don't respond with a redirect
to a query containing POST data, this has been problematic for ages:
http://ppewww.ph.gla.ac.uk/~flavell/www/post-redirect.html
Avoiding redirects in your web design means you don't run into stuff
like this.

--
Jamie Heilman                   http://audible.transient.net/~jamie/
"Most people wouldn't know music if it came up and bit them on the ass."