[Zope] which base class for "news"

Andreas Pakulat ap125@informatik.uni-rostock.de
Thu, 15 May 2003 17:37:57 +0200

--liOOAslEiF7prFVr

Hi,

i need to have a ZClass for News-Entries, but I don't really know which
Base Class to use. I need to save author, time of creation and the real
news-text with it, so I first thought that I could put these into
different properties and have no base class. Now this doesn't work, as I
don't have properties with no base class, second thought was to use
file, but then I'll get the content page when clicking on it in the ZMI?

I know that I can redefine the edit View to my propertysheet/manage
view, but I thought that there would be a more "straightforward"
solution to this? I also thought about setting the data of a
File-subclassed ZClass to the news-text, but this doesn't work, I get a
Unauthorized Error when execution <newObject>.update_data within a
Script(Python)?!

Andreas

--=20
You will pass away very quickly.