[Zope] ZODB without undo functionality

Lennart Regebro lennart@regebro.nu
Fri, 16 May 2003 11:33:03 +0200

Ulla Theiss wrote:
> My question: Is there a way, to get the FileStorage to work without the
> undo functionality?

I don't think so.

The FileStorage is logging. This means that each object that is written
(even if it already exists) is written to teh end of the file. This is
to support making an object larger without making objects fragmented.
The undo functionality is really only a nice side effect of this, since
you then can undo the saves, since the previous version is still in the
storage.

So to make FileStorage without undo, you would have to make it
non-logging, and then you would have to implement support for fragmented
storage, and finally you'd probably end up rewriting the whole thing
from scratch. ;)

I don't have any recommendations for non-logging storages, sorry.