[Zope] JOB: Hostway Corporation Zope Engineer, Chicago

Jason Abate jason@hostway.com
Fri, 16 May 2003 21:58:47 -0500

Hostway Corporation provides web hosting services with locations in the
US, Europe, Asia and Australia. We are growing rapidly and have been
profitable every year since our founding. Our strong emphasis on
technology combined with our dedicated, energetic, and customer-focused
team has made Hostway a premier Internet company.

Hostway is looking for a Zope Engineer to join our Research and
Development group at our Chicago offices.  This position will be
responsible for the design, implementation and deployment of Zope-based
content management systems that drive our corporate website, intranet,
and other Zope deployments, and will work closely with our Usability and
User Interface group which develops the front-end user interface of
these applications.

Responsibilities include design and management of the website and
underlying system architecture, client-side programming to add dynamic
behavior to our site, server side programming and further Zope and CMF
developments.

This is a high-profile position, which requires an individual with
excellent communication skills, the ability to work extended hours on
occasion, to be on-call 24/7, and a self-motivated work ethic.  Our
Zope/CMF applications are mission-critical, and requirements change is
directly proportionate to the rapid rate of growth of our company.

Qualifications:

  * Experience in web application development working with server-side
    technologies such as ASP, JSP/Servlets, Cold Fusion, J2EE.

  * Solid client-side JavaScript, DHTML and CSS authoring skills and
    experience organizing and managing large scale websites.

  * Software development experience using Python, in particular with
    web-related technologies.

  * Extensive experience with Zope, including working knowledge of
    DTML/ZPT, ZMI, ZEO and CMF.

  * Working knowledge of SQL databases.

  * Experience administering Linux (or other Unix) and Apache in a
    production environment, in particular using virtual hosting,
    caching servers and load balancing.

  * Strong communication and organization skills.

  * BS or higher degree in computer science or related field.

Please submit resumes and cover letters to careers@hostway.com.