[Zope] Implementing class factory via ZClass or External Method

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Sun, 18 May 2003 23:22:43 +0200

Sean Winstead wrote at 2003-5-18 08:02 -0400:
 > I want to implement one PaymentHandler class per payment processor and have
 > a factory
 > class that provides an instance of PaymentHandler depending upon the
 > parameters
 > submitted with the payment processor's request to Zope.
 >
 > However, I am having trouble determining how to implement this in Zope. I'm
 > not sure
 > if I should use a Zope Product/ZClass or if I should implement this via an
 > external
 > method.

When your factory does not need (through the web) configuration,
you can use an External Method.
Otherwise, go for a product. Its instances would provide
the configuration.

Dieter