[Zope] Save Zope (and me) before Citrix!

Jaroslav Lukesh lsh@wo.cz
Tue, 20 May 2003 17:58:43 +0100

Hi all,

My chief tell me that I need forget to Zope, because Nfuse-Elite from
Citrix
will be better - it cost long money, so our customers will pay more (ve are
Value-Added-Reseller mainly).

But NFE is nothing more than _few_templates_ and (of course) one DLL ISAPI
library for IIS. CDA (Content DElivery Agents) are in Zope similar too, but
more powerfull. And NFE cost ten-thousands USD.

CDA is written in Visual Basic (we have one programmer in VB), Zope need
Python (I was start to learn Python, but must break :-((

Could somebody show me some more aspect for Zope to argumentate?

And how to sell open-source solutions? Chief says me that I does not make
profit with open-source solutions. I am not businessmann, I am technician
and chief and our businessmans is microsoft-ass and is not able to sell
solutions in open-source. He sells software, hardware and mainly
_service_time_.
With Zope I have very small amount of service time to our customers, SW is
free, so customers pay very very little and chief is like orangutan.

For Example. I have 20 service hours/month, my college that make M$
solutions have 150 hours/month and working in nights and so. Clients that I
serve are settle with my services.

Time to change company?

Many thanks, J. Lukesh