[Zope] New to Zope needs some help

george donnelly list@zettai.net
Tue, 20 May 2003 14:08:37 -0400

[A E Senior wrote (aes@myrealbox.com) on 5/20/03 1:16 PM]

> I am VERY new with Zope and am trying to understand how it all works. My
> question: once I have developed something in Zope, how do I =B3upload it=B2 =AD=
using
> the normal methaphor for web sites- to a hosting server/site?

you can upload the Data.fs file to your Zope instance on the public server,
export certain sections of your ZODB in zexp format and import them into
your Zope instance on the public server or use FTP and WebDAV.

So you have a lot of options.

But if your host does not host zope and is straight Apache, PHP, Perl etc,
then this will not work. You will have to extract static pages form your
zope using, e.g. wget and then upload those to your host.

hth

<-->
george donnelly - http://www.zettai.net/ - "We Love Newbies" :)
Zope Hosting - Dynamic Website Design - Search Engine Promotion
Yahoo, AIM: zettainet - MSN: zettainet@hotmail.com - ICQ: 51907738