[Zope] Save Zope (and me) before Citrix!

Jaroslav Lukesh lsh@wo.cz
Wed, 21 May 2003 10:13:06 +0100

: Odesílatel: Andy McKay <andy@agmweb.ca>
: If people are able to get something for free, or pay for your version
: then they have to give them more. Value add, why do people pay for
: Redhat when they could download it for free?

Great. My chief is for 2 days away, so I have some time to think about. (in
between I must continue on developing of linux thin client).

: Odesílatel: Oliver Marx <Oliver@tekk.dk>
: Ur boss should just charge the clients a higher rate per hour. Very
: simple. You do a good job with Zope. It is not the hours you spend but
: the solution you provide - that counts. So actually if your boss was
: just a little smarter, you could earn him more money than the M$ guy...

Higher rate is unaccepteble for clients, when it will see 5x more than with
M$ solutions.

But I will try to push my chief to selling solutions from me, not service
hours. Chief sells mainly service hours (he have simple calculator: much
time = much money).

Thanks to all, J. Lukesh