[Zope] Can't save Version in 2.6.1, please help!

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Wed, 21 May 2003 20:55:16 +0200

Ken Causey wrote at 2003-5-20 15:27 -0500:
 > I have a Version I've been working in now for about 3 weeks.  I've
 > modified and/or created around 50 new objects.  No matter what I do I
 > can neither Save or Discard this version.

Can you please describe precisely, what happens when you
try to "save" or "discard" the version.

You get what exceptions (type, value, traceback) or what behaviour
(precise description).

Sometimes, the "Version management" in "Control_Panel" can
do more than the version objects themselves.

 > I've packed
 > the database two or three times.

If you still have a backup from your "Data.fs" before the first
pack, keep it.

   Versions are implemented by backpointers. Under some conditions
   (not too often), "pack" may loose objects referenced by backpointers.

   This is probably not your problem.

 > I'm using Zope 2.6.1 with Python 2.1.3.  If there is any other
 > information I can provide please let me know.

The standard one ;-) See above.

Dieter