[Zope] Setting session vars from hyperlinks

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Thu, 22 May 2003 20:51:05 +0200

Phil Bradbury wrote at 2003-5-22 16:04 +0100:
 > I basically want to code some 'text only' and 'printer friendly' links at
 > the top of each page which, when clicked, will set a session variable
 > checked on the index_html page to determine which template to use for each
 > page. Is there a standard way to do this sort of thing, and if so what is
 > it??

"SESSION.set(key,value)" is the primary way.

In ZPT, it will look like

   <XXXX tal:define="
     dummy python:request.SESSION.set(key,value);
     "

in DTML:

   <dtml-call expr="SESSION.set(key,value)">

Dieter