[Zope] Random # generator

Passin, Tom tpassin@mitretek.org
Fri, 23 May 2003 16:26:13 -0400

[ John Toews]
> Thanks,
>=20
> Someone else pointed that out as well (and I found it on the python
> module site too :$) but now I get a security error:
>=20
> Error Type: Unauthorized
> Error Value: You are not allowed to access random in this context
>=20
> Even the "emergency" admin account can't seem to do it.
>=20
> Thoughts?

Hmm, I tried my version using another browser (where I was not logged
into Zope) and did not get stopped by security.  I tried it using both
Zope 2.3.3 and Zope 2.6.1 on Windows 2000.  You might want to check your
user permissions (mine were the default acquired permissions).

But I am sure someone else can speak to this, because it sounds like
things that have come up before on the list.

Tom P