[Zope] acess permission

J Cameron Cooper jccooper@jcameroncooper.com
Fri, 23 May 2003 16:15:38 -0500

>I am having problems with acess permissions. I want to control the
>access of all the data in a particular folder to authorised users
>only. Basically I do not want anonymous users to even view the dtml
>documents that are in that particular folder.
>
>I unchecked all the permisions to anonymous users in the acl-users
>folder. but that does not seem to be working. I can view the
>documents from web interface with out giving login and password.
>Can some one help me with this?

That controls permissions in the acl_users folder. You must change the
permissions on the object you want to restrict or in one of its
ancestors. Watch for permission inheritance.

For instance:

root
 - acl_users
 - eggplant
 - marshmellow
 - bagel

To restict content in marshmellow, use the security tab in /marshmellow
to remove permissions, removing the inheritance too.
To restrict everything but eggplant, use the security tab in root to
remove permissions, and add permissions in eggplant.
To allow additional access to bagel, go to bagel security and add
permissions. To change access, deselect inheritance, and set your
permissions.

Note how the permissions of acl_users never comes into play.

          --jcc