[Zope] Authentication using a form instead of a popup

Igor Leturia IGOR@emun.com
Mon, 26 May 2003 09:09:49 +0200

>> <dtml-if "acl_users.authenticate(username,userpassword,REQUEST)">
>>   <dtml-call "RESPONSE.redirect('intranet')">
>> <dtml-else>
>>   Error!!
>> </dtml-if>
>>   The "acl_users.authenticate" part seems to work OK, as it returns
an
>> error if the user or password is wrong. And if they are OK, it tries
>> redirect to the intranet, that is to say, the restricted part. But
the
>> problem is that at this time it asks again for username and password,
>> using a popup window.
>>

>you cannot just call methods on the user folder "manually" and expect=20
>the user to get logged in magically by doing that.

So there's no way to do something easy like <dtml-call
"AUTHENTICATED_USER=3Dacl_users.authenticate(username,userpassword,REQUES=
)"> ?

>you should be using a user folder that handles cookies or use the
CookieCrumbler product.

I will try the CookieCrumbler product, but how can I do the other thing
you propose, a user folder that handles cookies?

Thanks in advance,

			Igor Leturia