[Zope] Zope refuses to start with relative EVENT_LOG_FILE

Lennart Regebro lennart@regebro.nu
Mon, 26 May 2003 17:14:49 +0200

I couldn't find anything about this in the collector, so maybe it's a bug?

I just tried to install Zope 2.6.1, but I thought that this time I would
be nice and neat and actually put up an event.log (I usually just run my
development Zopes to stdout).

However, the Zope refused to start. No error messages anywhere, it just
logged that it started the threads and then silently died. I traced this
back to setting EVENT_LOG_FILE="var/event.log" Setting it to
"$cwd/var/event.log" fixed the problem.

Now, that's OK in itself, but an error message would have been nice. ;)
Bug, or?