[Zope] Temporary Folder Content - Session Data

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Tue, 27 May 2003 21:38:56 +0200

Edward Pollard wrote at 2003-5-27 09:53 -0600:
 > Sometimes I feel really bad writing to the list for help. It's when I
 > have very simple, very basic questions. I'm sure that the answer is
 > somewhere, but I've not been able to find it.
 >
 > I'm having a thought that each of my Zope projects that uses sessions
 > should use individual session containers. I had some problems when one
 > of our student developers and I both shared the same variable names.
 > Quite hilarious.

There is a way to do this without separate containers:

  Use namespaces, identified via prefixes.

Eg.: User.Name, User.Number, User.Id	(--> namespace "User")
     Student.Name, Student.Number (--> namespace "Student")

You would use different session containers only when
they need different parameterization (e.g. different timeouts)
or different features (e.g. one managed via ZEO, one managed in RAM).

When you think you really need different containers:

  The standard "session container" is created during
  Zope startup in "OFS/Application.py" (search for "temp_folder").
  You could change the code there.

  There is a product "InitScripts" (I think) that allows you
  to configure Zope startup via scripts.
  You might use it to add additional session containers on startup.

Dieter