[Zope] Storing published objects (?)

Samir Mishra SamirMishra@cbuae.gov.ae
Wed, 28 May 2003 08:10:39 +0400

Hello All,

I'm not sure if the title accurately reflects what I want to do.

I have a DTML method that uses a number of other objects and generates HTML
code (the usual). What I'd like to do is assign/save the HTML code the
method generates. I'd like to save the HTML as a BLOB in a database, and
next time a user calls up a particular report, if the source data hasn't
changed, publish the pre-rendered HTML.

The underlying SQL queries are complex, the data doesn't change often, and I
think this may be the best way to lighten the burden on the DB.

Is this possible? If so, how would I go about accomplishing this? Perhaps
there's a better way of accomplishing this?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Samir