[Zope] XML-RPC and region-specific characters

Ben Avery ben@thesite.org
Wed, 28 May 2003 11:48:52 +0100

I'm stuck on a problem with our production site (in the UK)

We have a client application sending data to a Zope server by XML-RPC.
Our users have been trying to send text descriptions including the
British Pound symbol £. But this not being sent or received correctly.

Has anyone found this problem with £, or any other region-specific
characters. I have read that it's possible to use XML-RPC with unicode,
but have been unable to find exactly how to do this with Zope.

Can anyone offer any help?