[Zope] Zope an X server

baiewola@netscape.net baiewola@netscape.net
Thu, 29 May 2003 11:06:50 -0400

I have three machines running Zope 2.6.1 with Plone on OS X Server 10.2.6.

System startup and Zope on my 500 Mhz Powerbook are slower than on my 500 Mhz desktop machine. My third desktop machine running Zope is a 1.25 GHZ DP, and startup time is approx 88 seconds. How does that compare with your 1 GHZ Powerbook and your Linux box? (Just out of curiousity.)

X Serve should be better than any of these, especially on the bus speed and cache end.

But I've no personal experience with Linux.