[Zope] starting zope with su instead of -u

Dylan Reinhardt zope@dylanreinhardt.com
30 May 2003 17:42:57 -0700

On Fri, 2003-05-30 at 17:10, Jamie Heilman wrote:

> > Any other thoughts?
>
> Apart from syntax errors in START_COMMAND, not really.

Rats.

> Is it a shell
> script?

It's the incantation in my init script that was working just prior to
being run su.

Just to be sure... I'm correct in assuming that I *shouldn't* see that
setuid error if I'm not starting as root?  I guess that, at least, helps
me narrow down the problem to something about su.

>   Start it with sh -x, and make sure START_COMMAND is all one
> token.  Alternatively go grab daemontools from http://cr.yp.to and use
> setuidgid instead.

I'll give that a try.  I've got daemontools anyway.

Thanks,

Dylan