[Zope] How to make a custom zmi to edit content?

Terry Hancock hancock@anansispaceworks.com
Fri, 30 May 2003 17:52:00 -0700

On Tuesday 27 May 2003 12:11 pm, Dieter Maurer wrote:
> Wayne Connolly wrote at 2003-5-26 19:42 -0700:
>  > ...
>  > Does anybody know of a resource on how to access the
>  > zope data and open it up for editing then saving?
>
> The ZMI is not editable through the Web.

Of course, this might depend on how much damage you
want to do. ;-)

If all you want is to change the general "look and feel", I
think you might be able to get somewhere by providing
replacements for "manage_page_header" and
"manage_page_footer" -- which are sourced by the ZMI's
DTML pages.  This would allow you to do things like set the
color, change stylesheets, etc.  But not major restructuring.

Note also that there are stylesheet names built into
the various ZMI forms -- you should look at the sources to
see what names are defined.

This you can do through the web, IIRC, I think it will shadow
the built-in versions (you might not be able to put them in
the root folder?).

Cheers,
Terry