[Zope] Strange behavior with IE and XP

Dennis Allison allison at sumeru.stanford.EDU
Sat Nov 1 13:42:22 EST 2003

A bit OT, but I'd appreciate any input ...

I have a user of our Zope system who has problems with her XP/IE6
machine, but not with other machines.  One of our sites has both a
edit/authoring component (xml) and a review component (processes and
rendered XML).   She normally opens two browsers, one pointing to th e
authoring component, the other to the review component--and moves back
and forth as part of the edit/review cycle.  And she's working on a dialup
line.  The site front-end is pound which distributes into Zope 2.5.1
in this case.

She frequently experiences one or another of the two browsers locking up.
She is the only user reporting this problem.  I am reasonably sure this is
a client-side problem--I seem to remember that IE on XP has some
problems which may be ascerbated by slow lines.  Has anyone else seen this
kind of problem?  Any solutions? workarounds?