[Zope] do i have username and password

Dennis Allison allison at sumeru.stanford.EDU
Sat Nov 1 18:52:10 EST 2003

Marion,
You need to tell us more.  If you have a username and password for
FreeZope, you can use them to log into the FreeZope service you have.
Follow the instructions on their website.

If you are running you own zope, that name and password won't work.
When you install Zope for the first time, the installer provides a
password for the initial user, admin.  If you missed it, you can
simply remove the start and stop scripts and reinstall.  Alternatively you
can use zpasswd.py (in the distribution) to set up a user/password pair
as the initial user.  These must be placed in a file called inituser.
In the usual pre-2.7 configuration, this file must be in the same
directory as the start and stop scripts.