[Zope] ZSyncer problem

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Mon Nov 3 14:08:20 EST 2003

On Mon, Nov 03, 2003 at 12:32:25PM +0100, Marcel Mar? wrote:
> I could use some help setting up ZSyncer (0.5.0-pre10).
>
> This what I've done so far:
> I have two instances running of Zope running on my local Windows box, one on
> port 8080 and one on 9090.
> Admin user is identical in both.
> Installed ZSyncer product on both.
> Added a ZSyncer instance called 'mysync' in the root of both.
> In both instances I've set the properties like this:
>   Title=empty
>   Destinations=  http://localhost:8080/mysync on the instance running on
> 9090
>                          http://localhost:9090/mysync on the instance
> running on 8080
>   Log=off
>   Override user=off
>   Filter types=off

sounds good so far.

> Then I go to a folder called 'Experiments' on one instance, click on the
> sync tab expecting it to work, but no. I get this error:
>
> Fault
> <Fault -2: 'Unexpected Zope error value: NotFound - \\Experiments'>
> Traceback (most recent call last):

Do you have a folder named Experiments on both servers?
If not, go up to a higher folder and try again.

You can't do a comparison unless you're in a folder that exists on
both servers.  I realize that the error message when this happens
is not very helpful. I'll look at improving this.

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com