[Zope] Linux distributions for Zope Servers

Chris McDonough chrism at plope.com
Tue Nov 4 01:12:15 EST 2003

On Tue, 2003-11-04 at 01:04, Dennis Allison wrote:

> One of the nicest features of the RedHat system was/is the RedHat network
> which makes it possible to upgrade off the net quickly and easily.  While
> it's not really a requirement, I would miss it if an equivalent service
> were not available.

Fedora (Severn at least, and presumably on to the final 10 release)
still has this capability.  It has been enhanced so you can now use apt
and/or yum repositories to deal with updates.

But I have no idea who will foot the bill for paying for the security
updates to be applied to a central repository in a timely and consistent
manner.  Debian seems to do well with this.

All in all, I'd probably pick Fedora if you like Red Hat.  If not, I'd
pick Debian.

- C