[Zope] Re: zsyncer 0.5beta error (Paul Winkler)

David Vogel vogel at glue.ch
Wed Nov 5 12:22:23 EST 2003

  >> I haven't seen this one... What version of Plone, and what exactly
  >> were you looking at when you got the error? the root of the plone
  >> site?

sorry for the late answer. I was away from work...

it works now!!!!

I have installed plone version 1.0.5 with the default settings on the
two machines, after that I added the folder ZSyncer (this time I
installed version 0.5.0-pre12 instead of version beta10) to the
directory ....plone/Zope/lib/python/Products/

I also used the patch at
http://www.dieter.handshake.de/pyprojects/zope/#bct_sec_5.3
to be able to sync plone folders as well

I restarted plone and added on the plone root a ZSyncer Object.
here (ZSyncer object) I added the name and password of the admin to be
able to access the data of the other machine. I also choosed the same
types to be synced on both machines.

On one machine I set up the destination and started the sync process:
worked fine!

the rekursive search mode is very usefull for me, since I want to set up
  a cronjob, that sycronizes the two machines (unfortunately people are
adding content on both machines, thats why I have to run the cronjob on
both machines). perl script: my plan is to set up the cmd manage_sync
via http, get the answer and update the wanted items again via http.

Paul, thanks a lot for your great job on Zsyncer.

BTW: Paul, when to you plan to release version 0.5 of zsyncer?

cheers,
david.