[Zope] Re: zsyncer 0.5beta error (Paul Winkler)

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Wed Nov 5 12:38:53 EST 2003

On Wed, Nov 05, 2003 at 06:22:23PM +0100, David Vogel wrote:
>  >> I haven't seen this one... What version of Plone, and what exactly
>  >> were you looking at when you got the error? the root of the plone
>  >> site?
>
> sorry for the late answer. I was away from work...
>

> it works now!!!!
>

> I have installed plone version 1.0.5 with the default settings on the
> two machines, after that I added the folder ZSyncer (this time I
> installed version 0.5.0-pre12 instead of version beta10) to the
> directory ....plone/Zope/lib/python/Products/

ok good to know.

> I also used the patch at
> http://www.dieter.handshake.de/pyprojects/zope/#bct_sec_5.3
> to be able to sync plone folders as well

i need to merge that with the zsyncer sources, i keep forgetting...

> the rekursive search mode is very usefull for me, since I want to set up
>  a cronjob, that sycronizes the two machines (unfortunately people are
> adding content on both machines, thats why I have to run the cronjob on
> both machines). perl script: my plan is to set up the cmd manage_sync
> via http, get the answer and update the wanted items again via http.

sounds workable.
I'd like to add a method to zsyncer that would allow it to do
this automatically (sync all items that are reported out-of-sync),
so your script would become a lot simpler.

> Paul, thanks a lot for your great job on Zsyncer.

On behalf of all previous authors and contributors to ZSyncer, I thank
you :-) I've only recently become the maintainer. See credits.txt.

> BTW: Paul, when to you plan to release version 0.5 of zsyncer?

I'm not adding any more features except merging Dieter's patch.
I'll wait another week and see if anybody reports more bugs.
I want 0.5 to be stable.

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com