[Zope] changing port from 9673 default

J. Cameron Cooper jccooper at jcameroncooper.com
Fri Nov 7 16:24:59 EST 2003

>So changing the port is only an option if you run zope as root?

You must start Zope as root to bind to a "low" port. It will insist on
being given a regular user to actually run as: read doc/SECURITY.txt.

Another option is using your OS to do it::

/sbin/iptables -t nat -I PREROUTING -p tcp --dport 80 -j REDIRECT
--to-port 8080

to get port masquerading from 8080 to 80 (although it won't work on
localhost).

This is an oft-discussed topic on the list, by the way.

             --jcc

--
"My point and period will be throughly wrought,
Or well or ill, as this day's battle's fought."