[Zope] changing port from 9673 default

George Perry PerryG at esi.com
Fri Nov 7 17:12:19 EST 2003

JCC:

For this application (where I have two dozen users who all know and trust
each other working behind a well maintained firewall), I like your iptables
suggestion better than setting up a proxy web server.

I also appreciate Jamie Heilman's effort in taking the time to make sure I
was aware of the security/stability issues of using a naked zope server.

I tried changing the port to 8080 using /etc/zopectl/zopectlrc (per Jamie's
suggestion that I was failing because I was trying to use a privileged
port), and this silently failed (I still saw the zope intro page being
served on port 9673).

I apologize for only searching the last three month's of the list archive
before posting.  I appreciate your time and patience in responding to and
educating me.

Thank you,
George Perry

Electro Scientific Industries