[Zope] GRUF (Group User Folder) and exUserFolder ...

J. Cameron Cooper jccooper at jcameroncooper.com
Fri Nov 7 21:04:20 EST 2003

Jason LeMonier wrote:

> I'm trying to get GRUF 2.0 Beta and an exUserFolder.
>
> GRUF 2 supports multiple acl_users objects!! awesome!
>     acl_users (gruf)
>         Groups
>             acl_users (normal/plone)
>         Users
>             acl_users (normal)
>         Users01
>             acl_users (exUserFolder)
>
> Couple Problems:
> 1) "Normal" or simple Plone/Zope acl_users work fine and authenticate.
>     External Users do not authenticate.
>         (users are listed, and the same ex acl_users by itself works.

I just ran into something like this. Make sure your XUF users have the
Member role, or they won't be able to log into a CMF or Plone site.

If that doesn't work, does the XUF user source work when it's the only one?

> 2)    Recursion while trying to list users -- documented in readme:
>
>     "  To avoid this, just create a getUserNames() object (according
> to SimpleUserFolder specification) in the folder
>   where you put your SimpleUserFolder in (ie. one of 'Users' or
> 'Groups' folders)."
>
>         Well ... I'd love too, but from the ZMI: GRUFUsers at
> /Plone/acl_users/Users01
>             only object listed: acl_users
>         But I'm unable to create a python script: "getUserNames" in
> this directory??
>             Bad Request -- the id "getUserNames" is invalid -- it is
> already in use.

This should only be a problem with SUF, not XUF. I'm running XUF under
GRUF right now with no consequences (although I'm not using multi-source.)

You should report the getUserNames thing to the core developers. They
may not read this list. I've not done that workaround, and can imagine
why the error happens, but if it used to work but doesn't now it should
be fixed.

             --jcc
--

"My point and period will be throughly wrought,
Or well or ill, as this day's battle's fought."