[Zope] ZPoPyDA-2.0.8 with Postgresql as a database instead of Zope's ZODB .

J. Cameron Cooper jccooper at jcameroncooper.com
Mon Nov 10 15:30:15 EST 2003

> Hi has anyone being using ZPoPyDA-2.0.8 with Postgresql as a database
> instead of Zope's ZODB .

I doubt you'll be able to use it "instead" but you can certainly use it
in addition to the ZODB. This is good if you have existing data already
in such a database, need to use a relational database for policitcal
reasons, or your problem space really fits better in a relational scheme.

> As I have to port my website data content to Postgresql due to the
> volumn is there a link available as I need to review and eventually
> deploy another db and as my Organisation already use Postgresql as our
> main db .
>
> I habe install ZPoPyDA-2.0.8 tar file and untarred /zope_home dir and
> followed the install and read-me . but I would like further insight .

I've not found any real problems with using Postgres from Zope, although
we use ZPsycoPG. Or however that's capitalized.

          --jcc

--
"My point and period will be throughly wrought,
Or well or ill, as this day's battle's fought."