[Zope] ZCatalog capabilities

Paul Howell paul at smoothstone.com
Mon Nov 10 22:39:17 EST 2003

At 05:51 PM 11/10/2003 -0500, nwingfield at che-llp.com wrote:
>I<snip> Question is:  is ZCatalog robust enough for this purpose or
>will I be better served by a relational data model?

For lightning fast text searches, especially for advanced contextual
features, you'll likely be best served with a database designed for that
purpose.

Thunderstone.com has one you can test for free, and quite reasonable
license terms for the whole deal.  Everything about it is tuned for fast,
contextual text searches, on a wide variety of document types.  They've got
lots of big customers too, so support for performance tweaking is
definitely there.

<truth>Not even a customer, yet. Just seems an up-and-up product line that
looks really good.</truth>
=Paul