[Zope] Re: ExtFile: PUT method fails for uploads via FTP

Adam Blomberg adam at euroling.se
Tue Nov 11 16:15:49 EST 2003

On Tuesday, Nov 11, 2003, at 11:53 Europe/Stockholm, Andreas Tille
wrote:

> On Tue, 11 Nov 2003, Stefan H. Holek wrote:
>
>> I know I have fixed a PUT related bug in my updated version of
>> ExtFile.
>> Could you please have a look whether you problem is still there in the
>> Extfile version you can find at
>>
>> <http://www.zope.org/Members/shh/ExtFile>
> This URL contains great news that development of ExtFile is obviousely
> not
> dead!  Thanks for caring about this product.
>
>> I am regrettably too short on time to make a proper release atm, but
>> I have
>> received some nice patches (Thanks, Zagy) already and would of course
>> integrate Adam's fixes as well.
> Adam could you please test this in your environment, because it costs
> you
> the smallest amount of time I guess.  If somebody ensures me that this
> Beta version works in production environment I would ignore the fact
> that
> there is a massive lack of documentation updates and would package this
> version for Debian.

I think 1.2.0b2 contains a better fix for the PUT problem than my
suggested solution, since the former uses the path from the request.
(Although it isn't immediately obvious to me why ExtFile.py:485 sets
the path to REQUEST.steps[:-2], which doesn't seem consistent with the
case when absolute_url is used, ExtFile.py:649.) I have tested most
cases I can think of using the default configuration, and everything
seems to work fine (both via the ZMI and via FTP). I haven't tested the
new functionality offered in this version however.

The only thing that I see as a possible issue when upgrading from a
previous version of ExtFile is the new default location of the
repository (static/reposit/ instead of var/reposit/). While the new
behaviour is clearly stated on the download page and easily changed in
Config.py, perhaps it could be set to the old default when upgrading
ExtFile.

// Adam