[Zope] cron

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Tue Nov 11 16:43:35 EST 2003

On Tue, Nov 11, 2003 at 05:54:16PM -0200, Robert Restad wrote:
> Now, I really hope this is the right mailing list to send this (newbie) kind
> of question to.
>
> A client have a Zope installation (ver. 1.10.3). Now, this installation
> seems to be, eh, a far bit obsolete.

understatement :-)

> I have no idea why, but even the
> simplest things that should have worked (while coding DTML) doesnt.

well, an awful lot has changed since 1.x. I don't know when the
<dtml-var foo> syntax was introduced, but there was an older syntax
used in 1.x.  Heck, I've been working with zope since 1999 and we were already
on 2.x then.

> Thus, I have installed Zope 2.6 (latest version right) on my Win32
> workstation here... I would really have liked to be able to get the client
> application made in 1.10.3  to work on 2.6. I did a futile attempt on
> exporting and importing, but eh - even the Zope newbie me figured that only
> magic could make that happen...
>
> Is there anyone with a good clue of how to export from 1.10.3 (i.e.
> "export.bbe") to this new version?

You may have to move incrementally - first get to 2.0, then 2.2,
then you should be in good shape to go current.
All old zope releases are here:
http://zope.org/Products/Zope

Check the doc/CHANGES.txt that comes with the source releases, there may be
relevant notes there.

At the very least you will need this:
http://www.zope.org/Products/Zope/2.2.0/upgrading_to_220

--